Macon County Chronicle

2 a.m. Blaze Injures Three

An early morning blaze on Thursday, October 29th, at 100 Chad Lane, in the Siloam Community, gutted a mobile home that belonged to Buddy Ward, and sent three to the hospital with smoke inhalation. Westmoreland and Lafayette Fire Departments were dispatched to the scene around 2:00 a.m. last week, battling the flames for at least a couple of hours as the fire smoldered till almost daybreak.

Fireman Corey Shelton, of the Westmoreland Fire Department, who was one of the first emergency personnel to arrive at the scene, reported flames were shooting from the front of the residence. The Sumner County EMS was called in and a back up unit was requested from Macon County to administer to Betty Jenkins, her daughter, Angel, and son, Dustin.

The home was a total loss and it is unclear how the fire started.