Fire ripped through a two level, 1600 square foot brick home located at 1090 Parkhurst Road outside of Red Boiling Springs near Winkler’s Crossroads early Saturday morning, March 7. The dwelling was owned by Jackie Gentry.
“When the Red Boiling Springs Fire Department arrived around 3:25 a.m. on March 7, the two level home was already involved and we initiated a mutual aid call to the Lafayette Fire Department for assistance,” said Chief Randall Bray. “We had six other firefighters at the fire site and we used the engine and a tanker, along with 23,850 gallons of water. The residence was a total loss.”
“The Lafayette Fire Department received a call at 3:34 a.m. requesting mutual aid from RBS,” said LFD Captain Don Stevens. “We sent an engine, tanker and four firemen. They returned to quarters at 6:16 a.m from the Parkhurst Road fire.”
The fire is believed to have started by a fuse panel or space heater in the basement of the house. The estimated property loss is $55,000.
There was a rekindle call the next day.
“The firefighters did an excellent job,” said Chief Bray, “and I would like to thank the Lafayette Fire Department for their assistance.
Responders included the Red Boiling Springs Fire Department, Lafayette Fire Department, Macon County EMS, and the Macon County Sheriffs Office.