alt

A Saturday morning fire at 2191 Williams Road leveled the home of Phillip Spears, Jr.

The fire call went out at 5:21 a.m. on September 19, and upon arrival the Lafayette Fire Department found the two story single family residence fully involved and almost on the ground.

The estimated loss of the house and contents is $236,000 and the fire was of an undetermined origin.

Captain Don Stevens was in charge of the scene and there were 13 firefighters at the fire site. Stevens said the department utilized Tanker 22, Tanker 9 and Engine #2.

The fire crew was on the scene till almost 8:00 a.m.

Those responding to the fire were the Lafayette Fire Department, Macon County EMS, and the Macon County Chronicle.

In other news from the Lafayette Fire Department, a crew was dispatched to The Eatin’ Place Restaurant located at 110 East Locust Street early Sunday morning, September 20, following a report of an electrical fire.

According to Lafayette Fire Chief Keith Scruggs, they had an electrical issue which caused a short in the meter box outside the building, which burnt up the wiring. “Jeremy Cole opened the door to the panel box inside, which was energized and he was shocked,” said the Chief. “He was transported by Macon County EMS to Sumner Regional Medical Center for treatment.”

The owner of the building is Ron Alan Powell and the restaurant occupant is Crystal Arnold.

Assistant Chief Troy Brawner was in charge of the scene and there was 7 firemen at the Locust Street site.

Responding to the fire scene were the LFD, EMS and LPD