On Tuesday afternoon, December 29, 2015, the Red Boiling Springs Fire Department responded to a double wide mobile home fire at the 2858 Oak Grove Road residence of Katherine Evans. At 3:34 a.m. on Wednesday morning, December 30, the fire rekindled.
“The grease fire started in the kitchen around 12:00 noon on Tuesday, December 29,” said RBS Fire Chief Randall Bray. “We extinguished the fire, but there was alot of smoke and water damage.”
“We were paged back out to Oak Grove Road at 3:34 a.m. Wednesday morning after the fire rekindled,” Chief Bray continued. “When we arrived the structure was fully involved and the home was a total loss after the second response.”
Chief Bray said the RBS Fire Department was at the fire site for 2 hours in the afternoon and three hours after the fire rekindled. “We returned to the fire station Wednesday morning at 6:43 a.m.”
“There were 11 firemen at the original fire and nine when it rekindled,” added Chief Bray. “We utlized an engine, tanker and we had alot of man power which I appreciated.”