Remember all of those quizzes in women’s magazines? The ones that told us if we were eating right, needed to break up with our ‘bad news boyfriends’ or had oily, dry or combination skin?
Maybe they are still around. I mean, I’m a mom so the only thing I read these days are books with Mickey Mouse on the cover.
Go ahead, quiz me on that guy. Pretty sure I would achieve stalker status.
I recently ran across this online quiz for toddlers that other moms were posting on their blogs. The series of questions seemed simple enough so I decided to quiz the tiny human that lives at my house too. I even added in a few questions about pirates and giants to keep his interest in between all of the boring stuff.
Out of the 50 questions I intended on asking, we got through 37 before his attention span ran out – a huge victory if you ask me.
So here it is, an intriguing look into the mind of my two-year-old…
- What do you like to do outside? Play ball!
- What makes you happy? Mama! (Swoon)
- What makes you laugh? Funny faces! (makes funny face and laughs hysterically)
- How old are you? Two!
- How old is mommy? Two!
- How old is daddy? Five!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Big!
- What are you really good at? Food!
- What’s the best thing mommy cooks? Cookies!
- What’s your favorite song? Twinkle, Twinkle!
- What do you want for your birthday? Santa! (It’s gonna be hard to top that!)
- What does daddy do at work? Builds rocks and stacks blocks!
- What does mommy do at work? Paints! (He has never seen me paint in his life.)
- What food is yucky? Beans! (Like all beans. Really, he will not touch one.)
- What’s your favorite place to go? Bounce house!
- What do you like about birthday parties? Cake! (says cake, means all of the frosting and none of the cake)
- What’s something mommy always say to you? Be nice to everybody!
- What’s something daddy always says to you? Time to go to bed!
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? A tiger! ROOOOAAAARRRR!
- What do you love most about your brother (sibling)? When he laughs!
- What’s your favorite thing to do at school? Dancing!
- If you were a giant, what would you do all day? Get treasure!! Fee Fi Fo Fum!! (Currently obsessed with Jack & the Beanstalk)
- What’s something that’s scary? A witch! A ghost!
- If you were a pirate, what would you do all day? Have a pirate eye and a sword! Get the bad guys!
- If you could cook dinner for mommy and daddy, what would you make? How about poop?! (laughs hysterically)
- What’s something that’s really super gross? Green beans! (Really? He talks about grosser stuff 75% of the day!)
- What do nice people do? Play in the bounce house and go to baseball games! (???)
- What do mean people do? Get spankins!
- Where do babies come from? They hide, and then come out! (Seems legit)
- What’s the best thing about Christmas? Candy canes! (Who even really likes candy canes? This kid, that’s who.)
- What’s the best thing about mommy? Heart! (Swoon again)
- What’s the best thing about daddy? Hugs! (Third swoon)
- When someone is sad, what makes them feel better? Band-Aids! (Wouldn’t it be nice if this were true?)
- Where do trains go? In the tunnel! Chooooo Choooo!
- Where do airplanes go? To mama’s house! (Makes sense. There are times my house is as loud and busy as an airport.)
- What makes you a great big brother? Make him laugh!
- What’s your favorite cartoon character? Mickey Mouse! (A no brainer, ya’ll.)
Ask your kiddos some of these questions and send your favorite answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org (all submissions are subject to publication).